Friday, October 16, 2009

One Month Old!

It is so hard to believe that Cora Leigh is a month old today! To commemorate the occasion, I decided to take a one month picture. I couldn't decide which one to go with, so I've included several takes.


This is one of her favorite faces to make. I think she's preparing her flute embouchure. :)



Another one of her favorites!



We've had a lot going on during the past week. Aunt Mandy came to visit Cora last weekend, which was a lot of fun. It gave me a chance to shave my legs and get some other stuff done while I had an extra set of hands there. It was really nice to have her there on Saturday while Jeremy was gone to the UT game.



Here are some other pictures I got during the weekend. I caught her in action sneezing and then yawning.






This week has gone pretty well. We went to my doctor on Tuesday and everything checked out just fine. Wednesday, our good friend Dana Waldroup came over for a little while to visit and watch Cora while I did just whatever I needed to do. Then on Thursday, Laura Probus came over and cooked brunch for us and also brought us dinner to bake later! Courtney Ortz also came to see Cora for the first time since seeing her in the hospital. It was so great to have good friends helping out this week! If nothing else, it makes me feel less isolated from the rest of the world.

We had a really good night on Wednesday night. Cora went 4 and then 3.5 hours between her feedings! I was really hoping we were starting a new nighttime trend, but last night we were back to every 2.5 to 3 hours. Oh, well. Baby has to eat. She does seem to be growing well. I weighed myself and then weighed again with Cora and it was a difference of 8 pounds! I don't know if it was accurate, but she is certainly filling out!

Here are some more recent pictures:

Cora smiling



Hanging out with Mom



In her adorable Halloween outfit



Enjoying time in her bouncer



Wake time

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I remember the isolation days! Since Addie was preemie, we weren't able to take her out of the house for three month. Call me if you ever just need another adult to talk to...or look me up online:-)

    Adorable pictures...Love the Halloween outfit too:-)

    ReplyDelete