Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cora's First Haircut and Family Trip to Tennessee

Last Tuesday, poor Cora's hair was just staying in her eyes.  I mentioned something to Jeremy about how we needed to cut her bangs and it fell on deaf ears.  Daddy just wasn't ready to take that step.  :)  After spending a second day watching Cora have hair in her eyes, I decided that it was just going to have to be done.  So, I cut Cora's hair last Wednesday night.  I was really nervous, but Cora did really well!  I only cut her bangs and just a little on the side where she had one strand of hair that was a lot longer than the rest.  Daddy did okay with it too.  We immediately missed her long locks, but she looks so cute now with her little bangs - she looks like a little girl! 

The after shot!

We also went to Tennessee last weekend for a visit.  Jeremy's cousin, Becky, and her husband, Jeff, were also in town visiting from Tampa.  It was the first time they had met Cora Leigh!  Here are some pics:


Another highlight of the trip was getting to see Jeremy's parents' baby cows.  Cora and I were brave enough to ride up in the pasture with Jeremy and his dad.  The babies were really cute, though Cora didn't really seem too interested.  :)


Cora also had fun playing a really old toy piano at Papaw and Nana's house.  I think it was close to 40 years old.  I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard it...I'm just going to say that I'm glad it's not at our house!  :)  Cora did have a good time with it though.  Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to play only one note at a time, so we had all kinds of harmonies - or I guess I should say dissonances - going on.  :)  Cora did love it!


We also got to spend some time with my family and my little niece, Hayden.  It had been 2 months since we had gotten to see her!  Here are some of the pictures of the adorable babies.  Also included is a rare shot of my sister, Mandy, and I without our makeup on with Cora Leigh, all with our hair rollers in.  :)


One really fun thing that we got to do was give both girls a bath at the same time.  The guys had gone to play frisbee golf, Amye (Hayden's mommy) was working, so Grandma and I were the bathers, and Mandy took pictures for us - thanks Mandy!  Cora and Hayden had the best time!  They were instantly splashing in the water.  Cora, in true Cora form, decided that she did not want to sit for the majority of the bath, so I tried to bathe her while she was standing.  She got so excited, she couldn't hardly contain herself...and she didn't.  She was standing up talking, hollering, and acting silly, when suddenly a little poop escaped.  So that was the end of bath time!  :)  Grandma didn't lose any time getting Hayden out of that bath tub!  It was absolutely hysterical.


Unfortunately, Grandpa had to work all weekend, but here is a shot of he and Cora Monday before we left.  All in all, we had a wonderful visit.  


2 comments: