Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crazy weekend!

We had a crazy end of the week and weekend last week, so I'm a bit behind on my blogging! It's Wednesday, and I am just now caught up from the weekend. Cora tried green beans for the first time last week. She seemed to like them okay, but she definitely did better with them when they were heated up! Here's a video of the experience.



We celebrated Cora Leigh's 7-month birthday on Friday! We had to go out and do some grocery shopping that evening, and our garage door broke, so that was fun... I did get some cute pictures of Cora though. Oh, and there's one of she and her daddy cuddling. Definitely one of my favorites!








Saturday, Jeremy had an ACLS class all day long, so it was just me and Cora hanging out at home.  We had to be at the florist at 9:30 that morning to pick up a flower for a bridal shower I was helping with on Sunday.  Then we had to be home by 10:00 because the garage door repair man was coming between 10 & 12.  We got our garage door fixed without too much trouble, and then it was time for Cora's bath.  We had been having some problems with cradle cap and had been using a mixture of baby shampoo and Selsun Blue and a comb to try and get the scales off of her scalp.  It hadn't been very successful, so I looked it up in one of our baby books and it suggested using vasoline.  It said to massage the scalp with the vasoline and the scales should come off, then to shampoo the vasoline out of the hair.  SO, a simple scalp massage did nothing with the vasoline, then I couldn't get the vasoline out of her hair!!  I washed her hair with a number of different baby shampoos - probably 6 or 7 times total - and it was still just coated in vasoline.  She was getting sleepy and started yelling at me and getting cranky, so I got the poor thing out of the tub, and boy did we have a mess!  I sat down with Cora and got her to go to sleep in my arms while I sat there and picked the scales off her scalp.  The vasoline really did help loosen them...  Jeremy called me on his lunch break in the meantime, and I had him look up ways to get vasoline out of hair.  I ended up using baby oil to get the vasoline out, which did work, but then her hair was really oily.  We had a surprise baby shower to get to, so I just had to take her out oily hair and all!  That evening, Jeremy and I fed her prunes for the first time to try and help her digestive system get on track.  It was her first fruit, and she really liked it!  Here's a video from the experience and some neat pictures of what her hair would do with all that oil in it.  :)







One last picture of Cora giving Hazel some love! ...or at least trying to...

No comments:

Post a Comment