Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trip to Pigeon Forge

Last Friday, I got a call from my dad and he asked if we would like to meet he and my mom in Pigeon Forge for the weekend.  Oddly enough, Jeremy and I had nothing going on this weekend and he was even going to get off a couple of hours early Friday afternoon!  So, we made some last minute arrangements for the dog, packed up, and headed to Tennessee for the weekend.  We had such beautiful weather!  We had a really good visit with my parents - we went shopping, played some disc golf, and ate some good food.  It was our first time traveling with Cora when we weren't going to one of our parents' houses, and we felt like the trip was a total success!  Of course, the weekend went by entirely too fast, as they frequently do.  We were unfortunate enough to get stuck in traffic on the way home.  It took us 3 hours to get from Pigeon Forge to Knoxville, so that was incredibly frustrating.  We got stuck in another traffic backup in Kentucky, and our trip home ended up taking us 6 hours!  We are so lucky that Cora Leigh slept for about half of that, and she was so good all the time she was awake.  Poor thing was in her carrier so much that day.  When we finally got home, we put her in her jumperoo and she jumped like crazy!  I'm sure it felt good to stretch her legs.  Here are some of the pictures from our trip.

Cora got to try sweet potatoes for the first time in our hotel room


Here's a video of the experience



Here are some pictures of our disc golf trip. Dad actually won by 4 strokes! Jeremy always wins, so this was a pretty big deal. :) I normally have a solid next to last place finish, but I finished dead last this game. Not a good day for Jeremy and I, but we still enjoyed it. Mom and I couldn't play the last hole because it was not stroller friendly. I am not exaggerating when I say it went straight down a hill! We were kind of afraid that the guys might end up rolling down the hill, but they made it successfully.














Jeremy had a little too much forward momentum on this one. He had a great throw but ended up off the end of the tee box and on the ground. Mom and Dad were laughing hysterically, but I managed to keep my composure until after I was able to ask him if he was okay. :)


Got myself into quite a pickle.


Jeremy and Dad walking to the bathroom together. We were making fun of them, so Jeremy started skipping to the bathroom. Sure wish I could have gotten a video of that!! :)


Here we are waiting to eat at The Old Mill. We got in 5 minutes before they stopped serving lunch! It was delicious.





















Cora's new favorite toy is the hose from my dad's c-pap machine. She had a ball!


No comments:

Post a Comment